eTwinning Plus offers a platform for staff (teachers, head teachers, librarians, etc.), working in a school in one of the neighbouring countries involved (Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Moldova, Tunisia, Ukraine, and Jordan), to communicate, collaborate, develop projects, share and, in short, feel and be part of the most exciting learning community.
eTwinning Plus promotes school collaboration through the use of Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) by providing support, tools and services for schools that are involved in the programme. eTwinning Plus also offers opportunities for free and continuing online Professional Development for educators.
eTwinning Plus provides a safe, online environment to engage with partner schools, work on projects and communicate with like-minded educational professionals in the existing eTwinning network, plus a selected number of schools from eTwinning’s neighbouring countries.
Its Central Support Service is operated by European Schoolnet, an international partnership of 34 European Ministries of Education developing learning for schools, teachers and pupils across Europe. eTwinning is further supported at national level by 38 National Support Services.
eTwinning Plus Portal
The eTwinning Plus portal is the entry point to the eTwinning world. Available in 3 languages, plus.eTwinning.net offers news from the eTwinning countries, professional development opportunities, information about recognition as well as examples of successful projects.
- Projects – In this section, teachers find tools called “Kits” that help and support them to build their own projects. There is also a gallery of best-practice examples to inspire them when they design and run their own eTwinning project.
- Recognition – In this section, teachers find out everything they need to know about the recognition that eTwinning offers: European Quality Labels, National Quality Labels, eTwinning Awards and eTwinning Schools.
- Professional Development – From self-assessment tools (MeTP) to self-help materials (Self Teaching Materials) and from online seminars, to learning events and peer learning through the eTwinning featured events, teachers can find an abundance of tools to help improve their teaching methods.
- Highlights - News from the eTwinning community including pedagogical methods and best eTwinning practices.
By joining eTwinning Plus, teachers can access:
Where teachers experience eTwinning community to its full potential. Teachers can search for other registered eTwinners and schools, connect with them and follow their activities. Teachers can access all the online and on-site events created by eTwinners, and can also create their own.
Through eTwinning Live teachers can create their own projects in which they can set of activities on different topics and key competences by collaborating with two or more teachers and their students.
Teachers can find online professional development opportunities that eTwinning offers at European level. Learning Events are short, intense and enjoyable courses that introduce teachers to a topic, stimulate ideas, and help them develop their skills. Learning Events typically involve a commitment of 4-6 hours. Online Seminars are live online video sessions of one hour where teachers have the chance to learn, talk and discuss a variety of themes.
Teachers can also join eTwinning Groups - virtual places where eTwinners meet and discuss specific subjects, topics or other areas of interest. There are 14 Featured Groups coordinated by the CSS and moderated by experienced eTwinners. These are:
- Coding at schools
- English as a Second Language
- Entrepreneurship in education
- Bringing eSafety into eTwinning projects
- French as a Second Language
- Sustainable Schools Network
- Game-based classroom
- Inclusive Education
- Creative Classroom
- Virgilio - Your eTwinning Guide
- Gender - Know How to Stop Stereotypes
- Integrating Migrant Students at School
- School Leadership
eTwinning Live app
The eTwinning mobile application offers users the opportunity to access eTwinning Live services and notifications while on mobile devices. eTwinners can keep up-to date with things happening on the eTwinning Live platform, thanks to the app’s pop-up notifications, and perform basic actions such as accepting a contact request.
The place where eTwinning magic really happens is the TwinSpace; a safe platform visible only to the teachers participating in a project. Students can also be invited in the TwinSpace to meet and collaborate with peers from their partner schools.
School Education Gateway
Teachers are welcomed to visit the School Education Gateway, Europe’s online platform for school education - presented in 23 European languages. It is a single point of entry for teachers, school leaders, policy makers, experts and other professionals in the school education field. Join today and stay informed about European policy and action for schools.